DrFirst E-prescribingIntegrated E-prescribing and Secure Communication for Maximum Performance
Comprehensive E-prescribing for Practices
Electronically send legend drugs and controlled substances all in one workflow. BRS integrates DrFirst’s Rcopia® and EPCS Gold 2.0 solutions to enhance the prescribing workflow, improve patient safety and strengthen quality of care.
With Rcopia, practices have access to the #1 e-prescribing, medication history and adherence monitoring solution on the market. Additionally, physicians can legally e-prescribe schedule II-V controlled substances within the Rcopia workflow with EPCS Gold 2.0.
Rcopia and EPCS Gold allow practices to:
- Reduce the risk of fraud, drug abuse and diversion
- Split scripts for retail and mail order pharmacies
- Monitor patient medication adherence
- Securely send electronic prescriptions from a desktop, laptop or mobile device
- Choose from hard and/or soft token options, unique pin and e-signature for each transaction, and meet DEA, NIST and Surescripts compliance requirements
Put an I-STOP to the Controlled Substance Abuse Epidemic
New York’s Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing Act (I-STOP) was approved in 2012 and requires providers to e-prescribe both legend drugs and controlled substances. The original e-prescribing mandate of March 27, 2015 was extended at the last minute to March 27, 2016. However, the separate NYS Prescription Monitoring Program for Schedule II-V drugs is already in effect, and must be accessed prior to writing any controlled substance prescription.
Before you realize it, March 27, 2016 will be here – make sure your practice is ready. BRS gives New York providers access to DrFirst’s EPCS Gold 2.0. The functionality builds on Rcopia®, DrFirst’s e-prescribing system, allowing providers to send both legend and controlled drug prescriptions electronically.